The New Archery Range is Open and Ready For Use!
On May 12, 2012, The new archery range was completed!
Club member Dane Donato designed this archery range. After review of Dane's plan by the FCSC Finance and Range and Safety Committees, and approval by the Club's Board of Directors, work progressed quickly, thanks to volunteers Jon Rutka, Dane Donato, Mark St. Amand, Scott Conti, Joe Dagilus, Chris Roberts, Greg Olchowski, Greg Isles and Steve Kelsey.
On April 6, 2012, the backstop fence was completed under the direction of club member and veteran fence builder Jon Rutka.
The club bought two large bag targets, two smaller bag targets and one large 3D deer. Greg Isles and Steve Kelsey designed and built the target stands for the bag targets.
A prototype target stand!
Dane takes the ceremonial first shot at the 3D deer with his crossbow!
Mark follows up with the second shot!
Our New Range, Ready for Use!
ARCHERY RANGE RULES:
- FIELD TIPS ONLY ON THE BAG TARGETS; (BROADHEADS MAY BE USED ON THE 3D DEER TARGET ONLY. BUT THE DEER WILL LAST LONGER IF YOU USE FIELD TIPS ON THAT TOO!)
- UNWRAP BAG TARGETS BEFORE USING AND REWRAP AFTER USE TO PROTECT THEM FROM WEATHER.
- SHOOT FROM THE MARKED FIRNG LINE; 3D DEER TARGET IS AT 30 YARDS; FARTHEST BAG TARGET IS AT 40 YARDS.
- PLEASE VISUALLY CHECK TO MAKE SURE ALL ARCHERS ARE BACK AT THE FIRING LINE AFTER ARROW RETRIEVAL.
- CROSSBOWS (FIELD TIPS ON THE BAG TARGETS) ARE ALLOWED.
Greg's a great teacher!
He takes careful aim!
Nick teaches the fundamentals!